Sorry! This item Is out of stock. ( The M Equipment - Meidjo 2.0 Binding )
The Meidjo 2.0 is the most innovative and versatile telemark binding available. Precise and powerful, yet light with supreme touring efficiency, the Meidjo 2.0 is responsible for the trend away from the 75 mm norm to NTN.
The Meidjo 2.0 is a "2 pin NTN" binding and uses a Dynafit style "tech" toepiece combined with dual underfoot springs and latching spring box that connects to the "NTN 2nd heel" under the mid foot.
Like all NTN norm bindings it's available in two sizes, short and long. The Meidjo 2.0 is a step in binding. Lift up the spring box to click into step-in mode. Ski brakes are available in widths 95-120 mm. If not using ski brakes you must use a safety strap (not supplied).
The Meidjo 2.0 has an even progressive flex that can be adjusted by tightening the two retaining nuts of the two underfoot springs. Should you prefer stiffer springs, you can add the thinner additional spings that sit inside the main springs. The Meidjo 2.0 offers nearly as much forward flex as most 75 mm bindings and can accomodate all stances except skiers who want to ski with the knee glued to the ski.
Coming out of the turn the Meidjo is reactive, especially with the additional springs. The Meidjo is a release binding, the 2nd heel exiting sideways in case you take a tumble, and release can be adjusted to suit your weight and skiing style.
Another game changer from the Meidjo 2.0 is their high amount of lateral rigidity and precise edge control, which is thanks to the tech toe that directs force to the ski much more efficiently. Once you've skied these, all 75 mm bindings will seem sloppy and lacking precison. At only just over 850 g a pair, the Meidjo 2.0 are also less than half the weight of other leading NTN-style bindings.
The combination of tech toes plus low weight make these by far the most efficient touring freeheel binding. Block the spring box 2nd heel with the retaining clip and you're ready for the uphill! At last, a freeheel binding that climbs as efficiently as alpine touring tech bindings. The optional crampon slot accepts Dynafit ski crampons.
- Compatible with NTN shoe (Rottefella NTN system) with standard insert lowtech
- Easy Step In System immediate positioning of the front tip of the shoe when the boot and automatic locking of the boot heel push.
- Touring : "Free pivot" touring mode. Low Tech binding with the front edge of the shoe and heel free. The spring back box is fixed onto the ski and the spring box doesn't hook the second heel of the shoe.
- Two heel climb of 35mm (7°) and 55 mm (13°) can be easily manipulated with the pole.
- Security System : the release system of the binding can be easily adjusted by using a 3mm allen wrench. The release system is independent from the tension of the shoes.
- Performance: Meidjo is the compromise between the power of NTN bindings (Rottefella NTN system), progressivity and the amplitude of the best classic standard 75 binding. As there is no gap in the binding you can edge immediately.
- Simplicity: All manipulations are done without stooping: using the poles on locks or unlocks the Low Tech system, and the bare touch of a pole is enough.
- Active and progressive: Instant Power of the shoe with the lifting of the heel. Progressive and continuous tension on the boot.
- Adaptable: Supplied with two additional springs to customize the tension.
- Anchorage: 6 attachment points in front (low tech plate) with a pitch of 45 mm large.
- Weight: 800g per pair (size S), making it the lightest modern telemark bindings.
- Design: All elements, including the Low Tech have been designed for use with telemark primary objective of optimum reliability for the best security.
- Optional ResQski integration (sold separately) interface in the heel. This is to date the only binding on the market to integrate a detector capable of finding skis at 30 m and within 1 m of snow. The heel protects the Tag (transmitter) while allowing visualization of its operation.
- The entire bracket is mostly made in France in the Alps.
- All the 7075 pieces are quality Aeronautics and CNC machined
- Size S: 22.5 to 26 (mondopoint)
- Size L: 26.5 to 31 (mondopoint)
- Weight: 800 g (1 lb 12 oz) per pair (Size S)