The all new Smuggler takes the 29er in a new direction with a short travel platform that isn't short on versatility. Aggressive geometry with a slack 67.5 head angle and roomy cockpit let you push the bike hard while the 29 wheels smooth out rough terrain. The short 435mm chainstay and 115mm of progressive suspension keep the bike agile, responsive and playful for maximum fun on whatever trail you choose.
We only have one XL left!
- Progressive Geometry - Long, Low and Slack
- Giddy Up Link Suspension, 115mm Rear and 130mm Front
- Integrated Rubber Chainstay Protection
- Collet Style Main Pivot Hardware
- No Front Derailleur Support
- ISCG05 Chainguide Mounting
- Syntace X12 Rear 142mm Axle and Universal Transition Derailleur Hanger
- Full Size Water Bottle Fits Inside Front Triangle
- User Friendly 73mm Threaded Bottom Bracket
- Internal Cable Routing with Stealth Dropper Post Routing
- Medium Frame Weight With Rear Shock: 7.34 lbs.
- FRAME/SUSPENSION: Smuggler Frameset (Safety Orange Gloss, Stealth Black Matte) / RockShox Monarch RT Debonair Rear Shock / RockShox Sektor Gold RL 29 130mm Fork
- COCKPIT: RaceFace Ride 35 50mm Stem / RaceFace Ride 35 (760mm x 20mm) Handlebar / FSA No.57SC Headset / Velo Single Clamp Grips / WTB Volt Sport (135x265) Saddle / KS eTen Integra (100mm) Seatpost
- BRAKES: Shimano Deore M615 Brakes / Shimano RT64 Centerlock (180mm) Rotors
- DRIVETRAIN: SRAM X5 10sp Shifter / SRAM GX 10sp Type 2.1 Rear Derailleur / SRAM PG1020 (11-36) Cassette / KMC X10 Chain / RaceFace Aeffect Cinch (DM30t, 170mm) Crank / Hive 42t Extended Range Cog
- WHEELS: WTB STP i23 29 32h Rims / SRAM MTH 716/746 Hubs / Maxxis Minion DHF 29x2.3 EXO Dual Front Tire, Maxxis Minion DHR II 29x2.3 EXO Dual Rear Tire
SIZES SM MD LG XL Reach 406 432 457 483 Stack 610 610 620 629 Effective TopTube 564 590 619 647 SeatTube 393 419 457 495 SeatTube Angle 76 75.4 74.9 74.5 HeadTube Length 100 100 110 120 HeadTube Angle 67.5 67.5 67.5 67.5 Chainstay 436 436 436 436 Wheelbase 1134 1160 1189 1218 BB Drop 35 35 35 35 Estimated BB Height 335 335 335 335 Standover Height 677 686 696 709
Fork Axle To Crown 541mm Fork Offset 51mm Rear Shock Size 190mm x 51mm Shock Hardware 21.8mm x 8mm Headset (Top) 44mm Zero Stack Headset (Bottom) 56mm Zero Stack BB Shell 73mm BSA Threaded Rear Brake Mount 160mm Post Mount Rear Axle Syntace X12 12mm x 142mm Front Derailleur Style None ISCG Tabs ISCG 05 (2.5mm Offset) Seatpost Diameter 31.6mm Seat Clamp 34.9mm Max Chainring Size 32t Single Max Tire Size 29 x 2.3
" It was an all-day marathon machine that turned technical climbs into wheelchair ramps. The Smuggler packs a 130mm pike up front, and has Transition's reputation for shredding behind it. So we climbed into the saddle with guns blazing and none was disappointed. It wasn't as simple as just calling it 'lively' or 'playful.' The relatively slack front end and soft rear end devoured the loose, mid-sized chop covering our trails, keeping the tires on the ground through the twisting chutes that send similar bikes sliding." - Bike Magazine, The Bible of Tests Click here for the full review
" I probably flew downhill faster than on any 29er with comparable travel. And there's no way to quantify it, but I certainly had more fun. " - Bicycling Magazine Click here for the full review
Images represent color scheme, not components/build of available models. Componentry is listed in description above. Size availability is variable. Call for details.
- Additional Information
Collection Outlet Deals