Sorry! This item Is out of stock. ( Valandre - Oural Down Mittens )
Looking for a heavily insulated yet super-packable down mitten for use in emergencies or in camp? The Valandre Oural mitten is just that. It packs the serious warmth of an expedition mitten into a superlight package by removing superfluous features like leather palms, wrist cinches, and removable liners. It is therefore less oriented towards all-day climbing with ice axe in hand, and more towards swaddling your hands in maximum fluffy comfort while you are resting in high camps, or keeping warm in unexpected storms or emergencies at altitude. Valandre would like to remind you that keeping your fingers warm and functional is of critical importance - because if your feet are frozen, you can at least climb down, albeit painfully; but if your fingers are frozen, you can't open your tent, or lace your boots, or engage your figure-8 for rapid descent. That would mean big trouble, so keep those digits warm!
- Comfort Rating: -13º F; Extreme: -22º F
- Down Load: 1.6 oz./45 g (sm), 1.8 oz./51 g (md), 1.9 oz./54 g (lg), 2 oz./57 g (xl), 2.2 oz./62 g (xxl)
- Down Quality: Goose 850+
- Weight: 3.9 oz./111 g (sm), 4.2 oz./119 g (md), 4.6 oz./130 g (lg), 4.8 oz./136 g (xl), 5.2 oz./147 g (xxl)
- Shell: Asahi-Kasei 1.1oz Nylon 6.6 Rip-Stop - DWR
- Liner: Asahi-Kasei anti-static Polyester Rip-Stop - DWR
Please note that Valandre products ordered through GearX.com ship directly from the US distributor in Utah. So, you won't find them if you come into our Burlington store. We're bummed about that too.