The Voilé V6 BC represents Voilé’s third foray into the domain of scaled-base skis, as preceded by the Vector BC and Charger BC. Admittedly, such skis are not for everyone or every variety of slope. That said, for the backcountry skier who must continually make long approaches over undulating terrain, the V6 BC’s can be a welcome godsend. Thanks to the same lightweight Aspen core and carbon-fiber construction as the V6, as well as our signature Voilé Hybrid Rocker, the V6 BC will still impress when skiing steeper downhill pitches.
- Anti-Ice Topsheet: Exceptionally durable polyamide, with an irregular texture that slows the accumulation of snow and allows easy removal of snow and ice build-up when the approach is long and/or conditions are freezing.
- Reinforced Mounting Patch: Heel and toe mounting areas are reinforced to prevent binding pull-out.
- Triaxial Fiberglass: Triaxial fiberglass increases dimensional stability along three axis.
- Laminated Poplar Wood Core: The hardest wood core we employ, Poplar provides a smooth/damp ride in hardish conditions and more readily takes the abuse when things get out of hand.
- Voile Carbon-Weave: Voile's proprietary carbon fiberglass regulates the ski's flex without an impact on bonding strength.
- Full-Perimeter Steel Edge: Two lengths of 2mm steel with inset teeth wrap the full perimeter of the ski. Each section meets at the outermost points of the tip and tail and is painstakingly hand-bent to ensure a precise layup.
- Traction Pattern Base: For the backcountry skier who must continually make long approaches over rolling terrain, a Sharpscale traction base is a godsend. It may sap a little of the ski's downhill speed, but negotiating far fewer skin transitions may be worth it.
- Rubber Foil
|Ski Profile||Camber With Rocker Tip & Tail|
VOILE HYBRID ROCKER
Tip: Hybrid rocker tip and wide shovel provide unmatched float in powder.
|Core Material||Laminated Poplar Wood Core|
|Weight||2.98 kg per pair (173)|
|Underfoot Width (mm)||99|