In 1981, The Atlas of Vermont Trout Ponds became an instant local best-seller, ultimately selling more than 20,000 copies, in three editions through 1993.
Now, twenty-five years after that last edition, its former co-author and publisher is releasing his very own 21st century version. Utilizing GPS technology, it provides up-to-date information on virtually all of Vermont’s trout ponds.
From Adams Reservoir to Zach Woods Pond this new book provides a reference, and is a must for every Vermont angler.
- Six maps, providing comprehensive statewide coverage
- Coverage of more than 100 lakes and ponds
- Stocking information based on a five-year analysis
- Wild trout populations of brookies, rainbows, browns, lakers, and salmon…and bass
- GPS coordinates to boat accesses, trailheads, routes and parking
- Boat access descriptions – from car-top carries to ramps for large boats
- Environmental evaluations, including invasive species and water clarity
- Physical parameters – acreages, elevations, maximum depths
- On-site boat rentals, “restroom” availability, state parks, hiking information, other amenities
- For anglers with mobility impairment, locations of wheelchair-accessible fishing platforms and docks