Tasty, Portable Energy for Athletes. GU Original Energy Gels pack quick, effective, and sustained energy to meet the demands of all types of activity, in a convenient packet small enough to fit in your pocket.
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
- Banned Substance Tested
What's Inside?: Original Energy Gels contain carbohydrates for energy, electrolytes for hydration, and BCAAs to help protect working muscles. Learn more about each.
- Carbohydrates from Two Sources: Fast-acting and long-lasting carbohydrates - from maltodextrin and fructose - allow you to quickly digest more fuel without stomach upset.
- Electrolytes to Replace What You've Lost: GU's gels contain sodium, the electrolyte you lose when you sweat. Always take gels with a few sips of water to help your body efficiently absorb your fuel.
- The many benefits of BCAAs: GU's BCAA blend helps protect muscles from breakdown, contributes to energy production, and helps prevent mental fatigue.
Suggested Use Guide
- 0-1 Hours Of Effort: When you're exercising for an hour or less, it's important to start your workout well-hydrated and energized. Five minutes before your activity, top off your energy stores with an Energy Gel. It's always best to take a few sips of water to help your body process your fuel.
- 1-2 Hours of Effort: When you're exercising for longer than an hour, it's important to refuel along the way. Aim to eat an Energy Gel every 30-45 minutes to keep going strong, and be sure to hydrate while taking gels to help your body efficiently process your fuel.
- 2-3 Hours Of Effort: As you increase exercise duration, your body needs more. Supplement your Energy Gels with Energy Chews, Hydration Tabs for electrolyte replacement, or Roctane Energy Drink for energy and hydration in one.
- 3+ Hours of Effort: During really long efforts, it's impossible to replace everything you're burning, but you can maximize your performance by eating as much as your body can comfortably process. Boost your BCAA consumption with Roctane Energy Gels or Roctane Drink Mix, which will help protect your muscles as you go longer.