Get the added viral protection that’s critical in popular wilderness areas and developing countries with this comprehensive purifier and microfilter system. The MiniWorks® Microfilter—MSR's best-selling filter for demanding conditions—utilizes a ceramic/carbon element to filter out waterborne bacteria and protozoa, as well as particulate, taste and odors at 1 liter per minute. When viruses are a concern, the chlorine-based Aquatabs® purification tablets add viral defense. Together they provide the most reliable water possible in a compact, lightweight system that’s great for backpacking and international travel.
This system meets U.S. EPA requirements for microbiological water purifiers.
- Effective Against: Viruses (99.99%), bacteria (99.9999%), protozoa (99.9%) and particulate. Meets U.S. EPA drinking water standards and NSF protocol P231 testing standard.
- Iodine-Free: Aquatabs tablets inactivate viruses without bad-tasting iodine.
- Reliable: Filter’s durable ceramic/carbon element ensures safe, taste-free water—even with frequent, heavy use.
- Field-maintainable: Filter can be cleaned repeatedly for full flow recovery with no tools required.
- Weight: 1 lb/0.46 kg
- Width: 2.75 in/ 7 cm
- Length: 7.75 in
- Height: 3 in
- Filter media: Ceramic Plus Carbon
- Country of Origin: Made in the U.S.A. of U.S. and Imported Materials